What Are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website, app, or other platform stores on your computer, tablet, smartphone, or any other similar device, with information about your browsing or use, like a tag that identifies your device. Cookies are necessary, for example, to facilitate navigation and understand how users interact with platforms, so they can be improved. They are also very useful for offering advertising according to user preferences, as well as for other purposes detailed later on. Cookies do not harm your computer or device.
When we talk about «Cookies,» we also refer to other similar technologies of installation and/or information collection on or about your device (such as flash cookies, web beacons or bugs, pixels, HTML5 (local storage), and SDK technologies for app formats. Likewise, the term “Cookies” also applies to fingerprinting techniques, that is, those information combination techniques that help us identify your device. Sometimes, these technologies work together with cookies to collect and store information, either to provide you with certain functionalities or services on our Platform or to show you advertising on third-party platforms, considering your browsing.
This explanation is a general sample of what is understood by Cookies for merely informative purposes. The specific Cookies we use are detailed in this document.
What Types of Cookies Exist?
Based on the owner of the Cookies, they can be classified into:
- Own Cookies: These are sent to the user’s computer or device from a server or domain managed by the editor itself, and from which the platform or the service requested by the user is offered.
- Third-party Cookies: These are sent to the user’s computer or device from a server or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Based on the purpose of the Cookie, they can be classified into: Technical (essential) Cookies
- These allow the user to navigate through a website, platform, or application and use the different options or services that exist in them, for example, controlling traffic, identifying data or session, accessing restricted access sections or content, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, managing payment, controlling fraud linked to the service’s security, using security elements during navigation, making the request for registration or participation in an event, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound, enabling dynamic content (for example, animation of loading a text or image), or sharing content through social networks. Technical cookies, being strictly necessary, are downloaded by default when they allow the display of the platform or provide the service requested by the user. Analytical Cookies
- These allow quantifying the number of users, the sections visited on the platform, and how they interact with it, to thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the utilization made by the users, to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by the users of the platform or service. Marketing Cookies
- These store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to display advertising based on it. These cookies allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included directly or in collaboration with third parties.
Why Are Cookies Used on Our Platform?
Cookies are an essential part of how our Platform works. The primary objective of our Cookies is to make your browsing experience more comfortable and efficient. For example, they are used to remember your preferences (language, country, etc.) during navigation and future visits. We also use our Cookies to continuously improve our services and Platform, as well as to be able to offer personalized advertising based on your browsing habits.
The information collected in the Cookies also allows us to improve our Platform through estimates on statistical data and usage patterns (number of visits, most visited sections, visit time, etc.), know statistically how users interact with the Platform to improve our services, and to adapt the Platform to your individual interests, accelerate searches, etc.
In any case, in the Cookies that we use, we never store sensitive information such as passwords, credit or debit card data, etc.
Please note that the rejection of Cookies is specific to each browser you are using. Therefore, if you choose to configure the Cookies in one way on one device and want your option to apply similarly to another device, you must activate the same option for that other device.
Who Uses the Information Stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies of our Platform is used exclusively by us, except for Google Analytics, which is used to provide us with services aimed at improving our services and the user experience when browsing our Platform.
Technical (Essential) Cookies
- SENTRY: This cookie is used to identify technical problems on the website and allow their resolution.
- RECAPTCHA: With this cookie, Google can determine if the user is a robot or not when completing forms on the website, in order to prevent spam and abuse.
- YOUTUBE: This cookie is used to track information about the videos that are included on the website, as well as to personalize the ads shown to the user.
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS: This cookie is used to collect information about how users use the website to improve the user experience and page efficiency.